Are you looking for a cost-effective yet high-performance WordPress theme for your website? Astra and OceanWP are some of the most attractive options but choosing the right one can be quite overwhelming. You can ease your decision-making by analyzing each WordPress theme’s features to determine how they suit your needs. Whether you are looking for a ready-to-use theme or a layout you can play around with, you are guaranteed to find a solution. We have put together a detailed CollectiveRay’s Astra vs OceanWP article to help you make the right decision for your website. Take a look.
First of all, there is no right or wrong choice. Your criteria for picking one should revolve around your preferences and what you need for your website. That is why we have compared all aspects of these two themes, including features, templates, demos, extensions, and voluntary costs associated with each.
Astra is a sought-after choice for web designers with more than 300,000 active users. Some of its most prominent features include:
- Magnificent custom fonts, text-transform, and other font options
- Several global designs and WooCommerce layouts for whole pages
- LernDash and LifterLMS integrations that facilitate an A-1 online learning experience on your sites
- Access to the free Astra Starter Site plugin, which has numerous importable starter sites
- Perceptive mobile header creation and design to optimize user experience whether they are using a smartphone, desktop, or iPad
- The high-performance Elementor integration to facilitate advanced page building and customization
- Wide range of personalization tools with header and footer options and multiple layouts.
- Program transformation code with high speed and low resource utilization
The Astra Pro plugin comes with even more awesome features, including white labeling, progressive customization, and more starter sites for your WordPress website. There are worthwhile features on the regular theme, but the extension offers even more streamlined customizable capabilities. You need not worry if you do not have any coding knowledge. The numerous demos available ensure that you do not have to create your own layouts from scratch.
Astra’s starter sites are also optimized for Brizy, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, and Elementor. There are also various pre-built choices for business, eCommerce, and blog sites, among others. Astra Pro goes for around $60 per year, but you can comfortably use the free version. You can also enroll for the Agency Bundle for $249 and the Mini Agency Bundle for $169 per year. These bundles are necessary if you are looking to unlock premium starter sites.
OceanWP has a whopping 1.5 million-plus downloads, and with good reason. It is a flexible, all-inclusive theme that can adapt to the needs of almost any site. Some of its most attractive features include:
- Access to an advanced demo library with both free and premium templates
- Efficient extensions to aid in customization
- Extensive page builder plugins for integration
- Responsive mobile header design that enables users on all mobile devices to access your website comfortably.
- Exceptional page speed test scores and in-built Search Engine Optimization (SEO) support
OceanWP allows you to add to it with individual extensions, a feature you cannot find on Astra. The extensions are found in the Core Extensions Bundle, where you can use the free ones or choose to purchase others individually. Some notable extensions include Instagram feed integration, exclusive Elementor widgets, and white labeling, among others.
We love a theme that is just as handy on free mode as it is on the pro feature. You can use a wide range of features to design a magnificent website for free. However, you can always purchase a few extensions to spruce up your website without breaking the bank. The Core Extensions Bundle goes for about $40 a year for one site and up to $129 if you are looking to enjoy the unlimited sites feature.
You can also read the comparison of Genesis Framework vs Divi for more information.
How to Choose the Best Theme for You
Astra has one of the largest libraries of free and pro starter sites. OceanWP has more than 70 demos, with only 13 of them being free.
Astra Pro has extensive layouts and customization features. With OceanWP, you can purchase up to 20 extensions as part of the Core Extensions Bundle or individually.
OceanWP takes the crown with a wide range of design options and customizable features for whatever site type you want. Astra has mobile header customization for optimal user experience, exclusive widgets, and numerous design and layout features to create a beautiful site.
While Astra appears to be more expensive than OceanWP at $59 per year, the latter allows you to purchase individual extensions, giving you more control over how much you spend. Both themes have competent features, but a keener analysis of each can help you decide which one best suits your WordPress site.