SSC CHSL Examination is a highly competitive exam in India where more than 35 lakhs aspirants compete for a few thousand vacancies. The selection in the SSC CHSL examination depends majorly on the score of the Preliminary examination. Since the marks in the descriptive examination of SSC CHSL are quite unpredictable, one should try to score maximum in the Prelims Examination.
However, since the Majority of candidates score well in the Reasoning and Maths section, it becomes important for a candidate to score better in the English and GK section for getting a lead over other candidates. But, the GK section is highly unpredictable in SSC and your score in the GK section depends on a lot of variables but it is not the case with English. One can easily score 45+ marks in the English Section of SSC CHSL with the right preparation. Hence, in this article, we have shared the best preparation tips for improving your score in the SSC CHSL English section.
Tips to Score 45+ Marks in SSC CHSL English Section
- Grammar Rules: One can’t score well in the English Section without acing Grammar. The level of grammar-based questions asked in the SSC CHSL Examination is quite simple in comparison to other SSC Exams. But, still, the candidates are required to possess basic knowledge of grammar rules. A majority of questions like Sentence Improvement and fill-in-the-blanks asked in CHSL are purely based on Grammar Rules. Hence, your first priority while studying English should be to master Grammar Rules.
- Comprehension Questions: One of the most scoring questions in the SSC CHSL examination is Reading Comprehension Questions. The level of Comprehension questions asked in SSC CHSL is very simple. With just a little effort, a candidate can easily attempt all the Comprehension Questions since the questions asked are pretty straightforward. You should try to make a habit of reading English newspapers regularly, it will help you greatly to score well in Comprehension Questions.
- Vocabulary: The second most important part after Grammar is Vocabulary. If you want to maximize your score in the English section then you will have to master Vocabulary. However, the level of questions from Vocab Questions like Synonyms and Antonyms is quite simple in SSC CHSL. Moreover, the majority of the Vocab questions are repeated from past year papers of SSC CHSL. Hence, you should learn all the Vocab questions asked in the previous year of SSC Exams.
- Spelling Mistake Questions: One of the easiest yet confusing questions asked in the SSC CHSL Exam is Spellings Mistake Questions. At times, tricky Spelling Mistake Questions are asked in SSC CHSL, and candidates end up attempting the questions wrong. The chances of committing an error in Spelling Mistake Questions are really high. Hence it is advisable to attempt these questions very carefully. It is advisable to practice spelling mistake questions from past year papers of SSC.
- Cloze Test: Your score in the English sections depends a lot on the accuracy with which you attempt cloze test questions. The probability of making mistakes in the Cloze test is very high. In the SSC CHSL exam, cloze test questions are the trickiest questions where the majority of candidates mark wrong answers. Since questions asked in Cloze tests examine your expertise of both grammar and reading Skills together, they are the most tricky ones. Hence, it is advisable to practice a lot of Cloze test questions on a regular basis to attain higher accuracy. The better you perform in these questions, the higher your score will be in the SSC CHSL English Section.
The level of English questions in the SSC CHSL exam is quite simple. One can easily attain a higher level of accuracy and score in SSC CHSL English if he indulges in an earnest endeavor to master the Grammar and Vocab Section of English.