On 1st July 2020, Microsoft announced the retirement of Exam MB-200 Microsoft Power Platform + Dynamics 365 and its replacement by the PL-200 Exam Dumps Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant. According to the announcement the Exam MB-200 is to be retired on 31st December 2020. Till that date, it is valid to take the Exam MB-200 and qualify for the related certifications. Those who have already prepared for the Exam MB-200 should go for the exam before 31st December to ensure their preparation doesn’t get wasted. Those who are planning to start preparing for the related certifications should consider the new track.
Exam MB-200: Microsoft Power Platform + Dynamics 365 Core
Candidates for this exam are functional consultants who have access to the features and functionality of the enterprise licensed product. As a functional consultant, the candidate is aware of bundled versions of features but does not primarily work with these bundled products.
Candidates are primarily responsible for configuring the system to meet client needs, performing design tasks related to implementing new features and functionality, and implementing and testing system changes.
Candidates plan the functional design for solutions, implement an application lifecycle management (ALM) process, migrate data and objects from legacy and external systems, integrate Power Platform with other systems, and manage the Power Platform environment.
Microsoft Exam MB-200 used to be a part of the following certifications;
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate
Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant (Beta)
Candidates for this exam perform discovery, capture requirements, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, translate requirements, and configure Power Platform solutions and apps. They create application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and custom visualizations.
Candidates implement the design provided by and in collaboration with a solution architect and the standards, branding, and artifacts established by User Experience Designers. They design integrations to provide seamless integration with third-party applications and services.
Candidates actively collaborate with quality assurance team members to ensure that solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements. They identify, generate, and deliver artifacts for packaging and deployment to DevOps engineers, and provide operations and maintenance training to Power Platform administrators.
Power Platform Functional Consultants should be familiar with Dynamics 365 model-driven applications and should have experience using the Power Platform components to extend and customize Dynamics 365 model-driven applications.
Beta exams are not scored immediately because Microsoft gathers data on the quality of the questions and the exam. The rescore process starts on the day that exams go live, and final scores are released approximately 10 days later.
What is the Difference Between MB-200 and PL-200 Exams?
From the certification point of view, there is a major difference between the Exam: MB-200 and PL-200. The Exam: MB-200 was not a standalone exam to earn a certification. It was the part requirement for two certifications, Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate and Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate. On the other hand the Exam: PL-200 is a standalone exam that can earn you the certification; Power Platform Functional Consultant Associate. It has no related exams whatsoever. As PL-200 is replacing the MB-200, so most of the MB-200 skills are included in the PL-200 as well, but PL-200 contains more new and updated contents.
Content Updates and differences are as following
- The canvas apps as well as portal apps are covered by the new exams. Some of the new features are added to Canvas apps learning items, these include offline capabilities, component libraries, and app checker.
- Rewording has been done in Power Automate learning items with UI flows, flow checker, and analytics being added. In MB-200 there was only one learning item in Business process flows, but now have multiple items for the same. It includes an item on how you can then work with the CDS entity of the business process flow itself.
- Power Virtual Agents is completely new and has a full chapter to cover bots, topics, and (PVA) entities now.
- The addition of Power BI is new, same is the context of integrating Power Apps with other platforms.
- New updates include AI builder basics and integration with Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Teams integration is elaborated further with a lot of new content on integrating into Teams. Also, here is an item on provisioning a Teams channel using Power Automate.
- The chapter on implementing integration, which covered the App for Outlook, server-side email integration, and SharePoint has been removed completely
- The initial set-up of admin roles and license assignments for which you needed access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center has also been descoped, probably as it belongs more to the M365 certification.
- Training emphasis is shifted from Dynamic 365 to Power Platform.
Why Choose PL-200 over MB-200?
Only those who have already taken the other related exams, now only needs the MB-200 exam to complete the relevant certification should go for MB-200. Everyone else should go with PL-200. The reasons are as a following;
- PL-200 is a brand new exam and here to stay whereas MB-200 is heading towards its end of life.
- PL-200 is a standalone exam that earns you a certification which is not the case with MB-200
- Power Platform is a broader and more relevant platform to go for.
- PL-200 is a better bet for a career to begin with.
|· Perform discovery, planning, and analysis|
· Manage user experience design
· Manage entities and data
· Implement security
· Implement integration
· Perform solutions deployment and testing
|· Configure the Common Data Service|
· Create apps by using Power Apps
· Create and manage Power Automate
· Implement Power Virtual Agents chatbots
· Integrate Power Apps with other apps and services
Due to its latest contents and longer sustainability, it is recommended to go for PL-200. CertsOut.com is offering complete training for the exam PL-200 at very reasonable pricing and the sureity of success. CertsOut offers a money-back guarantee for their training. With their innovative testing engine and verified study material CertsOut provides a sure pathway to success In Microsoft Exam PL-200 leading to a prestigious Microsoft Certification: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant.